Berenice and Jorge inspire me with their community involvement. Beyond serving at their restaurant they give to the Kids club, they serve on the board of Amigos de La Cruz and they keep the street in front of their Langosta Diez restaurant cleaned and filled with beautiful greenery.
Looking forward to my first meal after the renovation, I trust the surroundings, the food and the vibe will all be ‘Muy Rico’! Entering into their fourth season with an indoor patio as spectacular as the food; international cuisine and an art gallery create an unforgettable dining experience to delight the senses.
When Javier Alba González shared the beauty of our village with his bride, Berenice Uribe, she was hooked as she likes to fish, snorkel and scuba dive! Prior to life in La Cruz, Berenice says “I love working, I love to serve and I like to create unique places. I’m an accountant and enjoy supervising the building of houses and decorating them as well. My mom was an accountant and liked décor too so I guess it all runs in the family.”
Choosing the name was logical, they wanted it to be easy to find and it is on the street Langosta. The official number of the property is ten. They got their original permits on November 10th and opened December 10th. (2015). Diez = Ten. Berenice exclaimed “The way we see it, we want YOU to give us a TEN!”
Passionate about their offering every year they’ve made it better than before. The first year, of course, it was the creation of Langosta Diez; fab flavours in gorgeous suroundings. The next year they added ‘you can buying anything, the glasses you’re drinking from, the chair you’re sitting on, anything’. Last season they brought cooking to the table, Nitrogen ice cream, agave dessert; crunchy agave leaf with tequila ice cream and coffee caviar and yoghurt popcorn.
This season is the big renovation and a big reveal it shall be. They’re replacing the wood pergola with a concrete roof with clay tiles that gives a mexican touch and cool ceiling. They’ve created a new entrance including an inviting grand iron door. They’ve expanded the iron windows for grander views to the street and better air flow. Recreating the splendor of the indoor terraza they’ve retained the rustic cantera rock, white and blue colours of the Mediterranean and added even more plants to complete the interior.
They continue planning for the future where they’ll add another level for commercial premises for shops or restaurants and likely a sky bar.
This season brings new menu items, including:
- TACO TRILOGY; beef, chicken and catch of the day tacos, served in blue corn tortillas and grandma´s sauce.
- FOUR CHEESE GNOCCHI; filled with zucchini and spinach, topped with four cheese sauce.
- LIME AND PROSSECO SALMON; grilled in the wood burning oven with eureka lime and prosseco sauce, garnished with cauliflower cake and sautéed asparagus
- ABRUZZO TROUT; salmon trout filled with shredded red pepper and mushrooms, wrapped in prosciutto and sautéed in sage butter.
- SCAMPI; butter sautéed shrimp, with basil and white wine, served with fettuccini and slices of Padano cheese.
- EL DIEZ MEDALLION; grilled beef medallion glazed with wild berries and balsamic vinegar, served with green beans and potato.
They had me at scampi!! Berenice asked me to tell you all; “You are going to love us even more!!! Our service and comfort… even more!!! We’ve redesigned to please you… even more!!! Langosta Diez loves sharing fusions, secrets and out of the ordinary flavours!