Health and Wellness is important to everyone. Most people focus on health and wellbeing. Preventive medicine and maintenance is important not only for our bodies, but also mental and emotional wellbeing. Ask your insurance company about coverage for preventive medicine treatments, such as massage, acupuncture, or a dietitian, especially if you already have ongoing medical issues. Keeping yourself healthy now will pay off in the long run.
Our exposure to heavy metals however unfortunate, is a fact in our lives. It does take years for heavy metals to make you sick. By reducing your exposure and intake of heavy metals we have a good chance they will not affect our health. Some of the heavy metals that we are most commonly exposed to are arsenic, iron, mercury, copper and lead. Some of these metals actually can improve your health, such as iron and copper, which can help keep you healthy in small doses. However, mercury, arsenic and lead can destroy your health. Here are some ways we can acquire heavy metals in our bodies.
How do we acquire heavy metals in our bodies?
- Unfiltered Tap Water can play a big role in lead residues. While lead pipes have been banned, they are still used in many parts of the world. Reports have shown (Reuters conducted a nationwide analysis in 34 US states) drinking water in thousands of U.S. communities contained lead residue. Most of us do purchase bottled water and is usually filtered or reverse osmosis. Depending on where you get your water it could have the possibility that it is tap water. There is also affordable water filters designed to remove lead to be sure your drinking clean water.
- Fish and Shellfish. Fish that have been bred in contaminated water usually have toxins in their bodies. Its best to purchase your fish fresh, which is great for us living here on the Bay!
- Silver Fillings in Teeth. These old silver fillings contain mercury. This would be okay; however, they have the potential to break and can then be swallowed.
- Pesticide Residue. Some of the pesticides out there contain mercury, lead and arsenic. These facts are based on a list from the EWG, (Environmental Working Group) and based on pesticide tests done in the USA. Most of us are now aware of Monsanto using Round Up/Bayer and other devastating cancer causing chemicals kill the insects and also kill bees. It’s become a dire issue. Mexico denied Monsanto from their corn plantations, but there is Monsanto in Mexico working with other farmers. A person from France sued Monsanto for causing his cancer and was awarded 250 million. Earlier this year, a European Food Safety Authority report found almost half (44 percent) of standard food contains one or more chemicals, compared to just 6.5 percent of organic food. It’s best to purchase organic foods if possible. This list was formed by the EWG as the “dirty dozen” foods, which are Strawberries, Spinach, Nectarines, Apples, Grapes, Peaches, Cherries, Pears, Tomatoes, Celery, Potatoes, Sweet bell peppers, +Hot peppers.
- The Air We Breathe. If you live in a city or next to factories there is not much you can do about this. You may want to go outside the city for exercise if you can. Cigarettes are another way of inhaling. Fortunately, 80% of heavy metals are trapped in the butt and ash. The 20% still will mean frequent exposure to heavy metals, depending on your intake. E cigarettes also contain heavy metals as well as second hand smoke for children.
Make good health and wellness decisions and avoid problems later in life. Get your annual checks ups and discover new alternative ways to create health easily and naturally. This article is in no way prescribing medication or diagnosing any health challenges. Thanks for reading! There will be a variety of interesting health and wellness topics all season!
For questions or comments please contact Cat@NewEnergyConsciousness.com