In the Know
1. Farmers Markets are the best place to get fresh local and organic delights. Everything from fruits and veggies to artisanal cheeses and locally renowned delicacies like fresh salsas and mole sauce, even all-natural beauty products. Nothing beats a day at the farmers market and each one is wonderfully unique. Sayulita hosts on Fridays from 10-1:30, The PV Market (located at the Paradise Community Center) is on Saturday from 10-2 and the market in La Cruz is Sunday from 10-2.
2. Jungle hikes are a great way to appreciate this little slice of paradise we live in. Check out Mexitreks for the best guided tours of nearby waterfalls, amazing views and landscape draped in lush jungle foliage and flowers. www.mexitreks.com
3. Lunch or Dinner at KM5. This little surf shack / restaurant has stunning views and the food is locally grown, fresh and delicious! The staff is wonderful and makes sure you are well taken care of. They offer a variety of nutrition packed salads, locally caught fish and some of the best pizza in Nayarit.
4. Yoga at Paraiso Yoga in Sayulita. Enjoy the tranquility of the beautiful studio at Paraiso, set in the treetops overlooking the tropical garden. They provide an array of classes to suit everyone and are all open to beginners. www.paraisoyoga.com/
5. Paddleboarding at Anclote. This is a paddleboarders dream, endless views and calm waters make this a favorite destination for all levels.
6. Coco Frio en la Playa. There’s nothing better than sitting on a beautiful beach and sipping cold coconut water from a freshly harvested coconut. We are so lucky to live in a place where we are surrounded by “superfoods”, and the coconut is one of them. The water from the coconut is ultra-hydrating and full of essential nutrients for optimal health.
7. Sunset Dinner at Si Senor in Punta de Mita. Traditional Mexican meals made with the freshest local ingredients. The food is made with care and lots of love, and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Enjoy your meal overlooking the bay with your toes in the sand.
Katie Hoffman, health coach and founder of NutrifyFor Life, an online holistic wellness resource for those dealing with chronic autoimmune disease. Katie began her journey into wellness after two decades of battling several painful and debilitating autoimmune diseases. She began looking for a natural solution, and through diet and alternative therapies, found amazing and lasting results. She is now living an active life, free from debilitating pain and fatigue. When she’s not working to help people achieve the same, Katie enjoys spending time practicing yoga, hiking or paddle-boarding. Her mission, and purpose in life, is to inspire others with chronic illness to nourish their way back to a full and vibrant life. To learn more go to www.NutrifyForLife.com.